Bad news, Barlow fans! Gary will not be returning to The X Factor next year.
According to The Sun, Gazza is to step down from his role as head judge, so he can focus his energies on Take That.
On Sunday (October 7), Barlow’s act, Carolynne Poole, was kicked off of the current series of The X Factor, after fellow judge, Louis Walsh, sent the votes to deadlock.
A source told The Sun that the incident right riled Barlow, who has since decided he wants to quit the show and get back to his Take That mates:
“The events of the last week have really confirmed in Gary’s mind that he needs to get back to what he loves best. Gary is going to give this series his all and then it will be full steam ahead for Take That. The lads are enjoying a bit of freedom at the moment, but they are all united in their desire to get Take That back on the road.”
The source said Take That are planning a new album for 2013 and a stadium tour for 2014, so keep a date in your diary, darn it!
Meanwhile, Barlow and Walsh are reportedly not talking to each other after Sunday’s drama.
The X Factor team had a get together in London on Tuesday (October 9), but Barlow and Walsh refused to even acknowledge each other while they were there:
“Gary and host Dermot O’Leary laid the law down at Mayfair’s Dover Street Arts Club on Tuesday night with the whole X Factor team. Judges Tulisa Contostavlos and Nicole Scherzinger were both there but Louis and Gary sat at either ends of the room and hardly exchanged a word all night.”
But hurray for more music like this from Take That next year!